iklan

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

MY TM EXPERIENCE

today 27.07.11..
its wednesday!!...

today i went to TM batu lintang to pay the bills and checking either i can have a rebate or not since the other day tm staff call and remind me of the bill and maybe asking for rebate. I asking for a rebate because this month tm took 12-13 day to fix my cable problem....
I still respect them because its not their fault and our fault...
its the "geng curi kabel" fault..

so i arrive at 12.15 kinda...i ask the front man about the rebate and he ask me to go to level 1 room 2...i go and nobody there....maybe lunch...
so i just wait for my turn to pay the bills.....
and what do you know........
10 counter... and if im not mistaken only 3 open...and one of the counter is the application counter....
wow....i wait nearly an hour just to pay my streamyx......
do waiting nearly an hour pissed me off?
yes......
yes......
yes......

hey i still pissed off with Tm but they still done a good job ok....

ahmad endo - tadi ada ati ku nak tanya ngan staff ni tuju orang kaunter...ada 10 tapi sik buka suma.....nasib bayar bil sehari jak lam sebulan...

3 comments:

zOeY zAu YaH said...

haha mmg geram kan tggu lama2 hanya untuk byr bil.tp nsb baik tm kt kulim nih cepat walaupun ramai pelanggan=)

|arieza| said...

standard.. bgs ktk byr online jak deng.

ahmad endo said...

zoey - bestlah tak macam aku...tunggu lama2...

arieza - sorilah bos...tuk malaysia bukan los angeles....hahaha...ni ada bayar tm online